Author Topic: Sparrowhawk, amazing book series if you like SoT  (Read 1837 times)

Jahandar

• Night Wisp
Sparrowhawk, amazing book series if you like SoT
« on: October 23, 2012, 02:01:15 PM »
Hey, I am currently on book 8 of the Sword of Truth series, and I absolutely love it. It reminds me a lot of the Sparrowhawk series by Edward Cline. Since that series isn't nearly as popular, I thought I'd post to share it with anyone who is perhaps looking for another series to dive into.

Unlike SoT, Sparrowhawk is not fantasy but historical fiction, its the story of 2 men from very different backgrounds in the decades leading up to the American Revolution.  The author does Da Vinci Code style integration of his characters into actual history and various actual historical figures make appearances. The author spent a decade researching the era before beginning the books, so you'll learn a lot. While SoT and Sparrowhawk differ in setting, the themes and characters have a lot in common and I am often reminded of Sparrowhawk characters while reading SoT.

abott1776

• Night Wisp
Re: Sparrowhawk, amazing book series if you like SoT
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 09:08:42 PM »
Sparrowhawk is an awesome series. Very akin to Sword of Truth, a little more intellectual and harder to understand. Another good Objectivist series. Try reading some of Edward Cline's detective fiction, too.

Edward Cline writes for Capitalism Magazine, I believe, good articles, mostly about threat of Islam.

Check out my other post in the General forum, about Objectivism in Sword of Truth. See if you have anything to say.