Author Topic: Making Kahlan and Richard's costumes  (Read 506 times)

sfwagner

• Night Wisp
Making Kahlan and Richard's costumes
« on: July 12, 2016, 03:27:25 AM »
Hello,

I just joined in hopes to get some information.

See, I'm wanting to make the Confessor outfit (corset and dress) and Richard's outfit. I'm starting with the corset and pants (I want the pants because I feel they will be easier to move around in for me than the skirt). I know the fabric I need, leather or fake leather, but I don't have a pattern (and it's copy-written, unfortunately) or information on how much fabric I need and what other materials and designs I need and need to use. I found a website that I thought would give me what I wanted, but it seems like it says only the fabric, nothing else.

See, I want to make the outfits because they are too expensive to buy. Can I get help, please? Thank you.

bignate

• Chime of Doom
Re: Making Kahlan and Richard's costumes
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 07:04:00 PM »
I would suggest going to the sewing section of Wal-Mart or a sewing store. Check the halloween costume area of their pattern books and you can probably find a pattern that looks similar to what you want.
Cut. Once committed to fight, cut. Everything else is secondary. Cut. That is your duty, your purpose, your hunger. There is no rule more important, no commitment that overrides that one. Cut.
Cut from the void, not from bewilderment. Cut the enemy as quickly and directly as possible...