Author Topic: Watch 10 Minute Preview and Exclusive online  (Read 5584 times)

MLONG89

• Keep Warden
Re: Watch 10 Minute Preview and Exclusive online
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2008, 11:46:17 PM »
Dude, Sage just saved me from pulling out my hair in frustration...( ok, so im in the army and I dont have hair, its a figure of speech) ::)

Thank god, that makes total sense though.  I have to admit it makes sense the way Denee dies though.  It being on national tele and all, they certainly could not show kahlen finding her all F-ed up and in her post-rape/dying position.  Admittedly, i would have preferred it that way, but im a twisted kid.

cassidymd

• Freckle Face
  • Blood fly
  • Zed - "People are stupid!"
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2008, 06:21:19 AM »
My wife and I were wtching that clip too and she goes "that's not how she died".
I said, well duh!!!

Seeker of Truth

• Warlock
  • "Deserve Victory."
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2008, 06:36:13 AM »
Actually there was 5 in the quad before separating. It maybe editing issues.
Not to mention the one Kahlan killed on horseback.
"I believe in fairytales.  I do believe I just saw my friend Richard slay a dragon."- Chase, "Legend Of The Seeker", episode 2 Destiny.
"I took precautions. Magical precautions."- Zedd, "Legend Of The Seeker," episode 4 Brennidon

Seeker of Truth

• Warlock
  • "Deserve Victory."
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2008, 07:13:01 AM »
Okay, first let me say beautifully shot!  I cannot beleive that it strays so much from the book in the first five minutes alone!

What's with Denne being Kahlan's traveling companion and having the BOCS?  Shouldn't Kahlan have found her  sister dying, on the way back from taking a confession?
Denne looked great, black dress was acurate and flattering.  No wizards sacrificing themselves to get the Mother Confessor through the boundary.  No snake vine.  How does that work? 
Was it just me or did Richard appear not be  griefing, or searching for clues to his father's death?   It seeed as though they portrayed Kahlan as being weaker, in the sense that releasing her power drained her strength significantly (I guess she had been running an awfully long time).    It may have just been my perception, but in WFR I envisioned them (Kahlan & Richard) having their backs against the wall & being surrounded on Blunt Cliff.  Don't tell me that when the DHaran went over the edge, that he snatched the tooth George Cypher gave to Richard. 
All that aside, this is based on the books so I will try not to be too harsh a critic.  I just love ther story for what it is and how it was originally.   As I said it looks to be very well done, and it is still my new favorite show.
"I believe in fairytales.  I do believe I just saw my friend Richard slay a dragon."- Chase, "Legend Of The Seeker", episode 2 Destiny.
"I took precautions. Magical precautions."- Zedd, "Legend Of The Seeker," episode 4 Brennidon

deweyderry2005

• Wood Guide
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2008, 09:19:16 AM »
ya i noticed that about the tooth too.  not to mention i thought that richard always kept it hidden when he wore it.  But in all the pics for the show its plain as day on his chest  ???

MLONG89

• Keep Warden
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2008, 12:27:16 PM »
You dont know if that is the BoCS.  Denee just said "take the book."  She did not say, take the book of counted shadows.

Also, perhaps there were 2 quads, one for denee and one for Kahlan...ahhhh???  and they slowly died off from misteps and thrown knives and whatnot.  Theres something no one thought of yet.  There were 8 total at first, they kill 3, one goes back to be messenger, whilst the last 4 go after Kahlen.  Makes sense. 

As for the wizards.  Maybe in the 2 hour special, they will show flashbacks of the wizards whilst Kahlen is explaining things to Richard.

Also, maybe Chase and Richard go to the bottom of blunt cliff and he retrieves his tooth back???

Sage86

• Global Moderator
  • Chime of Doom
  • Cogito Ergo Nom
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2008, 02:09:10 PM »
1) It's not the BOCS. It's a book of prophecy about "the legend of the seeker" that prompts Kahlan and Dennee to go after the Seeker - Richard. Hence the name of the show

2) In all the trailers and all the promo pics, the most we ever see of the men chasing Kahlan are six. Now the quads are not important to the plot, and by that it means it doesn't matter that four men exactly make up a unit called 'quads' and go after Confessors. As long as SOME men are going after them we get the same point.

3) In WFR, Richard doesn't have the tooth on him and so Darken Rahl can't find him exactly to start with. Now I know that the snake-cloud wasn't going to be used in the show, but perhaps him losing it this way will fulfill the same purpose.
Yesterday is HISTORY,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift...
That's why they call it "the present".

- Kung Fu Panda

Huginn that I may dwell in wisdom. Muninn that I may never forget it

Pristinely Jennsen

• Dream Walker
  • Soul meets soul on lovers' lips
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2008, 11:03:27 PM »
Hmmm...  :-\ not too satisfied with how this is looking... the BOCS is the biggest disappointment for me. I mean thats one of the biggest parts in the story how Richard had it memorized when he was younger. And Darken's hair isnt a big deal but I mean whats the problem with keeping it blonde? why die it the total opposite color? Darken is D'haran... blonde hair, blue eyes. Ugh! I know its only "based" on the books but damn. *shakes head* I guess ill just have to take it as it is  :-\ it'll work out I hope...
Your life is yours alone. Rise up and live it.

cassidymd

• Freckle Face
  • Blood fly
  • Zed - "People are stupid!"
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2008, 04:15:07 AM »
IDK about all that's going on. I didn't get to watch the special after all :'(  >:(

I'm verifying the show network and I'm hoping to get some concrete answers.

frodo1701

• Night Wisp
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2008, 12:44:49 PM »
    I believe that there could have been two complete quads before the chase began. After all they are chasing two confessors. It would only be natural that there would be a quad for each. At the start of the show we don't know how long they have been chased or if anyone has already been killed.
    It also doesn't surprise me that they changed the manner of Denee's death. They must be somewhat limited by what can be shown on an "on air" TV show.
    The item which surprised me the most in the first ten minutes shown and, surprised me more that I haven't seen it mentioned here, is the fact that the last member of the "quad" calls Kahlan a confessor right in front of Richard! Now maybe Richard was far enough away not to here him, but Richard not knowing What Kahlan is and that tension is a major part of the book up to meeting Shota. I hope Richard Didn't hear because that would change Richard and Kahlan's interactions between one another right from the begining. After all Kahlan didn't want to tell him and maybe lose her first friend.

SeekerFan

• Warlock
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2008, 02:27:45 PM »
Cassidy, you should be able to watch it on WGN. Thats the station I used not the one that is supposed to air the show.  WGN is a channel airing the show and the last I checked was nationwide. When I lived in SoCal, I had WGN so it's not just a midwest thing.

Muffin

• Wood Guide
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2008, 03:53:23 PM »
Overall I thought it looked awesome - and I actually got chills (which is pretty rare for me).  I like Sage86's theory about how the book they refer to is actually a book about the seeker...it would be pretty disappointing if it's really the BoCS.  But was anyone else REALLY let down when Kahlan used her power?  I was hoping that it would be cooler and more refined from the trailer but it looked to me like they didn't even try to give the impression that it was a big deal at all.  If I was watching this without having read the books, I would assume that her power really isn't that special.  Is it just me?