Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 116353 times)

DPW

• Wood Guide
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1395 on: September 03, 2013, 12:00:41 AM »
Hi there Nicci Rules, or Heather, whichever you prefer,
                                                                                  The 'other' site, which I won't name, was a very large one devoted to fantasy/horror and had lots of posts, could well be the same one. Very Goodkind-unfriendly it turns out. Maybe it's run by the Imperial Order? I've also had posts on Wiki and Amazon.co.uk's Goodkind section and various individual SOT book reviews with them also. I've a couple elsewhere on this one of course, if you've seen them.

I'm surprised Tabrett Bethell (I understand they called her Tab on the set) hasn't got some big roles in Hollywood, she was so good as Cara. Not only is she very beautiful, with a perfect mouth, but her intensity, her persona, is so powerful in my opinion. I've seldom seen such intense personality in someone's face, and that upwards sideways look of hers would stop a clock. Her fighting too was pretty impressive. I wouldn't like to try and mug her!

Legend of the Seeker was entertaining enough, but it should have been made by the Game of Thrones company and it would have been really great. I didn't care for the actual sword in it I must say, not very magic, and I must say I got a tad bored with the fights. Every fight was exactly the same, Richard slashes, Kahlan twirls and people fall down, often without even being hit. Baddies died instantly from low-body slashes, without any cut in clothing or blood, that would not be fatal for a long time, and a couple of times Kahlan slashed at a Mord-Sith or Sister of the Dark at chest height, which would in a real fight have done little more than gash their breasts. I found that a little unrealistic. But there was lots of action, and for a low budget production I suppose it was actuall very good.

All the best for now,

Denton aka DPW

CypherCore

• Wood Guide
  • "Dance with me death, for I am ready."
« Reply #1396 on: January 13, 2014, 01:50:48 PM »
Hello. Im Michael. I live in Puerto Rico. Im turning 19 in a few days. Been reading Sword of Truth for 4 years and I am also a fan of Legend of the Seeker. I love to read any novel that is entertaining really. I love to watch movies that are entertaining. Have a particular love for anime/manga, video games (mostly ones with good stories) and animated movies. Favorite tv show is Doctor Who (both classic and new).

Kristi08

• Chime of Doom
    • War for Truth RPG
« Reply #1397 on: October 02, 2015, 07:46:16 AM »
Guys, I missed you all >.<

Now, to re-introduce myself!

I am a motherfucking badass! I haven't been on this site in years and look forward to conversations with all you new members. I also haven't read some of these books in years sooo I'm hoping these conversations will remind me of all the awesome things I don't think about from the books anymore!

I'm 20... Military School... Army... and that pretty much sums it up!

And here is my trip down memory lane... My first introduction on this site... wow *so many feels*

Hey!! I'm Kristi and i'm 14 years old from alabama.....
I love reading..... these are my favorite tho....
i love the show  ::)
but i just don't relate it to the books and it's ok
"Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self."

lhar

• Night Wisp
« Reply #1398 on: June 23, 2017, 03:56:43 AM »
Hi! I discovered this forum today, why is it dead?

Epiphany

• Night Wisp
« Reply #1399 on: September 09, 2017, 09:10:21 PM »
Hi all, I'm from Utah and used the old forums frequently. The last time I checked Terry's website it was still under construction. I have read TSOT series several times and have met Terry several times. I'm a retired nurse, married and have two adult sons.