Author Topic: Are Richard and Kahlan Together?  (Read 3225 times)

KoLAddict

• Night Wisp
Are Richard and Kahlan Together?
« on: December 14, 2008, 01:39:05 AM »
Ok, I'm new to the series, and am currently on book 2 and loving it.

I just had one question I need to know, and that is if Richard and Kahlan are together after Confessor. I know it's going to be a long time til I get to Book 11, and the answer to the question will actually make the current books more interesting for me.

Mord Sith Megami

• Slide
  • I'm Lord Rahl's favorite!
    • Mord-Sith Megami
Re: Are Richard and Kahlan Together?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 08:57:56 AM »
I beleive you find out in book two =)

Sage86

• Global Moderator
  • Chime of Doom
  • Cogito Ergo Nom
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 10:38:57 AM »
Yup, they're together at the end of Confessor ;)
Yesterday is HISTORY,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift...
That's why they call it "the present".

- Kung Fu Panda

Huginn that I may dwell in wisdom. Muninn that I may never forget it

KoLAddict

• Night Wisp
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 03:07:47 AM »
Thanks, both of you. Usually I prefer to read the series and find out for myself, but that was something that was bugging me to death, with all the chaos in the books (within the first two at least) regarding them and how they can never be together. It's nice to know they are together in the end.

It also lets me look at parts of the book differently as well.

Mord Sith Megami

• Slide
    • Mord-Sith Megami
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 08:39:26 AM »
I warn you though.. they have some difficult times..

I cried in book four.

hard-core cried >.<

KoLAddict

• Night Wisp
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 01:22:41 AM »

I cried in book four.

hard-core cried >.<

Seriously? I can't wait til book 4 then, because I love the emotion in these books. I literally hurt when I read book 1 with Richard being tortured by Denna. Like, I felt physical pain reading it.

Mord Sith Megami

• Slide
    • Mord-Sith Megami
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 08:01:45 AM »
Seriously.  there were 2 incidents back to back that made me bawl like a baby at 5 am lol! (I read from 6pm to 9am.. couldnt put it down)

and of course he has characters that you will LOATHE!  >=(  Ok I should stop now! lol I get angry just thining about it. ^-^

KoLAddict

• Night Wisp
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 01:32:02 PM »
lol.

Only character I seriously have hated so far is Princess Violet. I was laughing so hard when Richard kicked her in the face.

Mord Sith Megami

• Slide
    • Mord-Sith Megami
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2008, 06:17:51 PM »
LOL I almost died when that happened.  aww... forgot about that for a minute rofl

KoLAddict

• Night Wisp
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2008, 03:04:45 AM »
So, I'm glad to know Richard and Kahlan are still together after the series ends, with all the talk of them not being able to be together (I know it was because of her abilities but to get past that barrier in the first book when there are 10 more is a little odd).

Another question, does Scarlet show up some more? I know her son does, but wasn't sure if Scarlet does herself.

Kade

• Warlock
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2008, 11:09:31 AM »
I think one of the great things about these books is that the formulaic sexual tension isn't used throughout the series as a "omg will they get together?" sort of thing, it is a more mature, we know they are together and they are still crazy about each other and that it's self generates sexual tension.

I see so many books and tv series that wont ever make their main characters get together even though they are aching to simply because once they do, the sexual tension is gone. Goodkind on the otherhand took the formula for sexual tension and elevated it to a mature level which i think is fantastic.

There is never any doubt that the two are meant to be together and are aching to be together and it continues to be an earth shattering, ground moving, sweaty nights, cold showers, love story right up to the very end and that right there is a triumph of literary work right there. So few people understand that love doesn't stop when the chase stops. A true love story isn't two people meeting and dating. A true love story is two people being together and staying together no matter what.

KoLAddict

• Night Wisp
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2008, 04:32:18 PM »
I agree, which is why I was curious as to whether or not they were together in the end. That does make a story better, two people in love that overcome all the trials and are still together, which really doesn't happen often in books, movies, or tv shows. They usually do like you said, and have the sexual tension of two people that want to be together but never do for fear that it won't be as good when they are together.

I can't wait to finish the series. I've been busy so I'm still early in book 2. I'm still where Richard and Kahlan are at the Mud people. They just found out his headaches are from his spirit. No idea what's up with that yet though:)

morganbelle

• Slide
  • it is an unjust one...I must feed chipmunks.
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2009, 10:30:30 PM »
lol.

Only character I seriously have hated so far is Princess Violet. I was laughing so hard when Richard kicked her in the face.

Is it wrong to say that I loved that part? I mean really, I felt good when she bit her tongue off & broke all her teeth, LOL!
" Your life is yours alone. Rise up and live it."
                 ~ In My Own Hand...

Red Dragon

• Boundary Warden
  • Seeker-Bringer of Death-Rider of Red Dragons
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2009, 03:40:22 PM »
It has already been answered, but yes, they are, this was an incredible journey. I only hope Terry will take a much deserved break and continue the saga for us. Confessor was a great ending to a great story-well done Terry!!!!
Take this Broc and shove it-would you care to dance? The Dance of Death.....Bags!!!!

Jason

• Gar
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2009, 06:25:43 PM »

I cried in book four.

hard-core cried >.<
lol i didn't cry in book four but i felt horrible for Richard XD

I did cry a little in book 6 when you know what happens...
"When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein