Author Topic: Panis Rahl  (Read 2712 times)

gmsotgirl

Panis Rahl
« on: August 16, 2009, 08:09:37 AM »
Ok, I'm confused.
I could've sworn that in WFR, it said that Panis Rahl was Darken Rahl's father (and when Zedd tried to/or succeeded in killing Panis with his wizard's fire, that's when Darken also got burned).

But somewhere in Blood of the Fold, I think, it said that Panis was Darken's grandfather. Which is it?

zabom

• Warlock
Re: Panis Rahl
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 09:26:06 AM »
Panis Rahl is Richards grandfather / Darkens father. I remember stumbling over that place in BotF as well, and thinking that i must have either missread it or that it was a mistaket that the editors missed.
If a person is ignorant due to lack of oppertunity, then they are victims of situation and are worthy of receiving all the education they will except. If they reject knowledge out of arrogance or fear, then they are fools or cowards and are not worth the time it takes to express a single idea.

beautiliciousz

• Sentrosi
  • Cereal killer
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 10:06:05 AM »
i tought if wizards fire tuched u your beyond save? and is it why darken ralh is licking his eyebrows?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 01:16:57 PM by beautiliciousz »

gmsotgirl

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 11:13:28 AM »
Thanks, guys!  :)

bignate

• Chime of Doom
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 07:00:04 PM »
The wizard's fire was aimed at Panis and just a little splashed onto Darken so he just had severe burns on part of his body.  While he was recovering they did something to him to keep him from touching the burns and I think he wet his eyebrows everytime he wanted to touch the burns and it became a habit.
Cut. Once committed to fight, cut. Everything else is secondary. Cut. That is your duty, your purpose, your hunger. There is no rule more important, no commitment that overrides that one. Cut.
Cut from the void, not from bewilderment. Cut the enemy as quickly and directly as possible...

beautiliciousz

• Sentrosi
  • Cereal killer
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 05:49:24 AM »
oh okey i get it now thanks

NabilAzad

• Warlock
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 04:25:08 PM »
should call him penis rahl, coz he's a total dick!!

baldgeorgeinaz

• Slide
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 01:11:45 PM »
well, that certainly seems... below the belt  ;)
"Lord Rahl likes me best."
    --Mistress Berdine

ody77

• Night Wisp
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2011, 09:49:01 AM »
Man, i could have sworn tha it said "Penis Rhal"....lol must have misread it
The screllings are loose and the keeper may win, his assasins have come to rip of your skin. Golden eyes will see you if you try to run, The screelings will get you and laugh like its fun. Walk away slow or they will tear you apart and laugh all day long as the rip out your heart.

Sage86

• Global Moderator
  • Chime of Doom
  • Cogito Ergo Nom
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2011, 03:55:47 PM »
Must have been a Freudian mis-read :P
Yesterday is HISTORY,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift...
That's why they call it "the present".

- Kung Fu Panda

Huginn that I may dwell in wisdom. Muninn that I may never forget it

Alarik Rahl

• Warlock
  • Dance with me , Death. I am ready.
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2011, 07:37:03 PM »
i tought if wizards fire tuched u your beyond save? and is it why darken ralh is licking his eyebrows?
ya zedd sent the wizards fire and it hit panis killing him some of it splashed darken your not unsavable really its just the wizards fire sticks to you so it burnt his leg  bad and stuck to him its said that a drop will burn to the bone usually when he was being treated they wouldnt let him touch the wound so when he wanted to touch it he would lick his fingers and rub his eye brows instead and it just formed a habit
It is the balance to life: death. It is the dance with death. It is the law a war wizard lives by, or he dies.

Grymmditch

• Gar
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2011, 08:58:14 AM »
I've always read Panis Rahl as "Penis Raw".   lol.  It's just too close!  Even on the show, hearing it spoken, made me think that.   
What was TG thinking?  I guess it's supposed to derivative of "pain", but.. well, fail.   
What next, a female vegetarian character named Vegina Soorh?  ;D
My wizards rule (#26):
Wisdom exceeds knowledge;  Wisdom is using sound judgement in the proper application of one's body of knowledge, something which one usually gains only through experience, insight, and maturity.