Author Topic: Law of Nines sequel?  (Read 4480 times)

Justin Rahl

• Keep Warden
Law of Nines sequel?
« on: August 07, 2010, 08:31:08 AM »
I am most of the way through the book, and am really enjoying it so far. So I can't help but wonder, will there be another? or is it just a one shot deal and it's back to Richard/Kahlan with the Omen Machine (and the inevitable trilogy that will spawn)?

MissWildFlower

• Warlock
  • I AM A CRAZY CHICK!
Re: Law of Nines sequel?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 04:50:04 AM »
I think the next book is the Omen Machine.
I AM MissLizzy's BESTEST FRIEND!!!!

"Master Rahl guide us. Master Rahl teach us. Master Rahl protect us. In your light we thrive. In your mercy we are sheltered. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve. Our lives are yours."

Alarik Rahl

• Warlock
  • Dance with me , Death. I am ready.
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 10:51:49 AM »
I hope he keeps going with the omen machine story i REALLY want to see richard learn to use his gift but then again i havent read law of nines yet i should read it before i really say that ..... i just want richard to be able to wild out war wizard style anytime he wants to
It is the balance to life: death. It is the dance with death. It is the law a war wizard lives by, or he dies.

MissWildFlower

• Warlock
  • I AM A CRAZY CHICK!
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 10:18:04 AM »
i am on a long holding list for the omen machine at my library, i finished reading the law of nines and i loved it!
I AM MissLizzy's BESTEST FRIEND!!!!

"Master Rahl guide us. Master Rahl teach us. Master Rahl protect us. In your light we thrive. In your mercy we are sheltered. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve. Our lives are yours."

Mistress Sarah

• Slide
  • Screw the Ocampa. I wanna go home.
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 03:10:25 PM »
I just finished Law of Nines last night. It was better than I was expecting given teh way it sounded from the book description.

There is room for a sequel, but I think that any sequel that gets made would have to involve the SoT world more than LoN did.

The trick to that is... How do you set that up if you're still telling the plot from Alexander's point of view? If no one from his world can go through the gateway safely because they lack the spark of the gift required. Though an easy way to set that up would be to say that his connection to the other world is evidence of a spark of the gift, which would make sense, because Richard claimed that the new world would have no magic, and thus, no connection to other worlds... But if there are no connections... then how did Alexander see the woods Jax liked to hang in?
You know what the definition of a hero is? Someone who gets other people killed. You can look it up later.

Lord_Faine

• Slide
  • Mail Me If You Know Magick
    • (Voodoo) My Friends Site
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 07:09:56 AM »
I was with it right up until the ending. I felt it was rushed, I mean the SoT books had so much detail and life when it came to final fights, this guy just lifted a gun and killed them.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool, then to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."

Mistress Sarah

• Slide
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2012, 09:03:45 PM »
That's what happens when you introduce firearms into the picture, fights end quickly. Although I would like to point out that... There was plenty of detail in the final scenes of LoN, each shot was shown as much as it could be, and the description of the knife fight was very good.
You know what the definition of a hero is? Someone who gets other people killed. You can look it up later.

Lord_Faine

• Slide
  • Mail Me If You Know Magick
    • (Voodoo) My Friends Site
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 04:26:50 AM »
Perhaps, but it really lacks the beauty of a clean finish.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool, then to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."

Mistress Sarah

• Slide
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 09:49:08 AM »
One thing I've noticed about Goodkind novels... They rarely have a definite finish. Each one leads into the next well enough that you could almost put them in a single book. Granted, that single book would be one of those "I checked this out weeks ago for a bit of light reading" books (Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone reference ^_^) But it could be one book.

Unpopularprophet

• Chime of Doom
  • The dance with death is key to the game of life.
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2012, 12:38:50 PM »
Personally, I loved it. What makes Goodkind novels so good, and most of life for that matter, is the characters we meet. Some we love, some we would love be the ones to pull the trigger on. The fact that we attach so strongly to these characters and react so much in and of itself speaks well toward's Goodkind's style of story storytelling.
But you must understand, the truly intriguing thing about opposites is that they are quite often so very much alike.