Poll

Would you play a sword of truth video game (RPG)?

Yes, all the time
12 (75%)
Sometimes
2 (12.5%)
Maybe
1 (6.3%)
No
1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Sword of truth video game  (Read 4162 times)

Rythus

• Night Wisp
Sword of truth video game
« on: August 30, 2010, 12:57:51 PM »
If anyone has ever played DAO (dragon age origins) i was thinking some thing like that. maybe side quests to help people and main quests like killing Darken Rahl, or saving someone, or getting an item. Maybe even have classes with different types of magic. It should stick to the story line for the most part but maybe instead of the temple of winds in the book maybe its like a dungeon and you have to kill bad guys to get in, things like that.

DarthRuse

• Night Wisp
Re: Sword of truth video game
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 08:32:44 PM »
With Nadine as the Boss fight to gain access.  ;D Give her some annoying paralyze attack like "Siren's Laugh".

I'd play. :-) I'd prefer it in the stylings of Bethsoft games, personally. But I'd play regardless as long as it wasn't one of those horrible game engines like was used for the LOTR games (movie games, from EA) and the Revenge of the Sith game.

baldgeorgeinaz

• Slide
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 10:19:53 AM »
maybe you could have the choice: play as richard trying to save the world or... wield the sword of truth as oba rahl or samuel and try to kill and conquer everyone and everything you encounter...
"Lord Rahl likes me best."
    --Mistress Berdine

Master Rahl

• Healer of Redcliff
  • Blade, be true this day.
    • War for Truth RPG
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 12:26:37 AM »
I'd rather play a Sword of Truth RPG in the style of like, Oblivion or Morrowind, but I would still play any SoT game all the time. =p I am constantly trying to think of ways to make a mod for Oblivion that adds SoT-like stuff, though, haha.

Nathanromml

• Slide
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2010, 10:39:54 AM »
Dragon Age Origins sucked. I lost my faith in BioWare after playing that game.
Fortunately, it was restored by Mass Effect 2.

serpantking22

• Warlock
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 09:29:23 AM »
mabey give the option of what you wish to be? a seeker, wizard, dreamwalker, ect. each with their own missions and powers.

Gratch Rahl

• Wood Guide
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 06:22:50 PM »
I can definitely see a SoT game coming about.  Always plenty of non-believers to vanquish :)

serpantking22

• Warlock
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2010, 09:12:51 AM »
lol i think it is more of the orders job to vanquish non believers? lol  ;)

baldgeorgeinaz

• Slide
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2010, 10:59:22 AM »
as long as somebody's getting vanquished...
"Lord Rahl likes me best."
    --Mistress Berdine

Gratch Rahl

• Wood Guide
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2010, 10:54:04 PM »
lol i just mean that between D'hara and the Imperial Order, there are plenty of enemies to fight :)

I also really like the magic, and how it's so balanced.  Imagine having a character grow into their ability like Richard does, to a degree at least.

If they did make a game I think it should make most of it with the Imperial Order.  That was the most exciting part of the books imho.

Master Rahl

• Healer of Redcliff
  • Blade, be true this day.
    • War for Truth RPG
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2010, 05:18:22 AM »
I was just thinking about how awesome it would be to be able to play a full-length game featuring pretty much all of the events in the books, even switching characters as is done in the books.

I was re-reading the Temple of the Winds, and thought, how awesome would it be if you're playing as Richard, standing outside the Anderson's house, when all of the sudden you look up, you're prompted to hit a button (in a non-immersion breaking way), you hit said button, your vision unfocuses except for in one spot, in which you see the bolt flying through the air, you step to the side towards the bolt, hit another button, the air thickens (thus everything slows), you hit another button, and you catch the bolt. And then the cutscene plays out and you're prompted to give chase. It would be quite fun, in my opinion, getting to experience the events of the books myself and in a way that makes me feel more involved.

Of course, such an expansive game would probably never be made, which is a shame.

I think it might be able to work, though, with free roam mechanics. Sort of like in Assassin's Creed, where you can go to certain spots to start the missions, but you can also roam around and interact with the world in different ways. The only problem would be all of the many locations. If done in a leveled system, there would be a lot less detail and time required, but for free roam, there would need to be loads of highly detailed places available.

Another cool thing is that, through the downloadable content featured in most games now, if Terry released another book, you could pay for and download the story as another part of the game. :D

Maybe individual games would work better, one for each book. That would actually be kind of cool, also, because they could feature the cover art of the books, maybe with a part of the image of the Sword of Truth on the side of each one, so that once all eleven were released, they could be set together to show the sword.

I'm not entirely sure if it would play out best in first or third person. With first person, you get to feel like the character and you feel more like you're the one doing such things, but with third person, you get the ability to really see what you're doing, as well as the character. Maybe a system where you can choose between first or third person.

Just a miniature brainstorm, sorry about the rambling, haha. I'd really pay thousands of dollars to get my hands on a Sword of Truth game featuring the full story, though.